Has it been a week already? Missed me? Well, I missed you too! So here, let me share with you another throwback: DIY 10-minute Toddler Ribbon Headband
This is something I created back in 2014. It was raining here in Manila due to Typhoon Hagupit. Hubby didn’t want me to come to work any more to avoid getting stranded outside. So we opted to work from home.
Now when my afternoon meeting was finally over, I went for a quick break. I looked at my craft materials and thought, “I really miss crafting! Is there something I can quickly make while I am on break?”
And as a matter of fact, there is! And you can make one too!
Here’s what you will need:
– A ribbon (in this case, 2″ wide beige organza ribbon ~20″ long)
– A garter or band (sized to my daughter’s little head)
– Needle and Thread
– Fabric Brad or Button
1. Sew a running stitch through one side of the ribbon from one end to the other, pulling along from time to time until you make a full circle. Depending on the length of your ribbon, you can make one or more layers.
2. Sew the center to secure your layers then adhere the fabric brad/button/gem. Depending on your material, you can sew this as well or you may adhere using glue gun.
3. Sew one end of the garter/band on top of the other to form your headband.
4. Sew your ribbon accent on top of the part where the ends of your garter meet. (Alternatively, you can adhere this using glue gun).
And there you have it. Pretty easy isn’t it? And pretty nice too! Depending on your sewing skills, you can make this project in less than 10 minutes.
And if you have time, you can make more.
Well that’s all for now. If you are able to make one yourself, do let me know. I would love to see your own headbands! 🙂